Eco credit card provided by Bank of America
Are you having trouble finding an eco-friendly credit card? It is not easy as it might seem to find a bank that will give back to the environment.
Luckily, a card sponsored by The Brighter Planet and issued from Bank of America is here to make eco-friendly credit card purchases a reality. The Brighter Planet is an organization that is renowned for supporting and raising money for organizations that are finding solutions to the climate crisis. In the last eighteen months, they have issued a number of environmental publications that can help anyone understand sustainability and find practical ways to improve their own carbon footprint
- March 17, 2010: Fly Greener – Understanding and reducing the climate impact of business air travel
- February 22, 2010: The American Carbon Foodprint – Understanding and reducing your food’s impact on climate change
- February 10, 2010: Employee Engagement Survey Report – An Analysis of the Extent and Nature of Employee Sustainability Programs
- January 22, 2010: Mastering the Art of Sustainable Cooking -A guide for everybody who loves eating and wants to reduce their “foodprint”
If you are not yet ready to make lifestyle changes quite yet, an easy to help the environment is by using a card that gives back to eco causes. The Brighter Planet VISA credit card is a great place to start.
Credit Card Details:
- Earn 1 EarthSmart point for every $1 spent in net retail purchases.
- Every time you use your Brighter Planet Visa credit card to make a purchase, you help fund renewable energy projects across the country.
- Join Bank of America’s Add It Up program and also earn up to 20% cash back on top of retailer discounts and your credit card rewards‡.
- EarthSmart points are automatically redeemed monthly.
- Every point will fund an estimated pound of carbon offsets.
- Earn 1,000 bonus points after your first transaction.
- Earn an additional 1,000 bonus points when you sign up for paperless statements. Paperless statements are not available for accounts in Washington and Idaho.
Brighter Planet Credit Card Rates:
- 0% Introductory APR for the first 7 or 10 statement Closing Dates following the opening of your account, based on your creditworthiness.
- Standard APR will be 12.99% to 20.99%, based on your creditworthiness when you open your account.
Cardholders can visit brighterplanet.com to remain engaged in their own environmental impact and projects they support.
Features of Your Environmental Profile on The Brighter Planet:
- calculate your carbon footprint
- find ways to reduce your environmental impact
- track your daily progress toward reducing your carbon footprint
- learn about the renewable energy projects that you help build