iPhone / iPad Banking Apps
Mobile banking started out with banks either creating mobile-enhanced version of their site or making you navigate their existing site with your phone’s browser. But methods left a lot to be desired. Mobile Banking 2.0 is all about applications written specifically for banking with your phone. Applications offer a more direct connection to a bank’s servers and are enriched with features not available with mobile browsers. The number of banks that have developed mobile banking applications for the iPhone and iPad is growing. Each banking app has different features, security protocols and restrictions. Check below for a list of banks that have iPhone or iPad applications and useful information on downloading the app.
Highest rated iPhone mobile banking applications
1. Bank of America – Features include checking balances, transferring funds and pay bills with optional Bill Pay service. More Bank of America mobile banking info here.
2. M&T Bank – Banking application works with an iPhone, an iTouch or an iPad. You can download the app in iTunes.
3. PNC Bank – Check balances, review transaction, find ATMs all through the PNC Bank application for the iPhone. Customers can enroll online when they log-in to their online banking account.
4. Chase Bank – iTunes preview page
5. Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore, Malaysia) - The Breeze for iPhone mobile banking application allows users to transfer money, pay bills and reschedule payments in a calendar. See the demo here.es.
Latest news about iPhone apps for banks and credit unions
Best iPad Mobile Banking Applications
1. Chase Bank
2. Mountain American Credit Union
3. The National Bank
Add your bank to our list of iPhone / iPad mobile apps on our contact page